Photobucket

...my true love gave to me a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

alan burst on to the Jpop scene late last year with the wonderful Ashita e no Sanka and despite being pushed as Avex's new girl over the past year, has had pretty disappointing sales, far less than I think she deserves. This year alan embarked on her 5 elements campaign and got herself a moderate hit with the wonderful RED CLIFF ~Shin·Sen~ The song, representing the fire element, has been her best selling single yet.



Now, those who know me know that I'm a sucker for big, sweeping ballads. That's what this is. I've actually heard quite a bit of varied opinions on this song but I personally adore it! alan has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard and her Tibetan wailing is incredibly beautiful. RED CLIFF has so many layers and the growth is amazing, it sends chills up my spine!

I have to wonder why she isn't as successful as she probably should be. The poor girl is being pushed so much by Avex and yet this single sold less than 15K, her best sales yet. Poor alan - or maybe not. Lackluster sales won't hold back Avex alan who already has 3 more singles and an album scheduled for early 2009. Go get em, alan!

0 comments - Join the discussion!: