PREVIEW: Hamasaki Ayumi has been having a bit of a quiet 10th Anniversary, with only an album and single release earlier in the year as well as her recent Asia tour. Her second single of the year is the double A-side GREEN/Days which is released on the 17th of December. We have yet to hear what Days will be like but GREEN, which has been used in the Panasonic Lumix FX37 cm for the past few months, has been leaked in full.

Photobucket







The song has a bit of a Chinese feel to it which I'm really enjoying. The intro in particular is really lovely and the instrumental throughout is interesting to listen to, really nice. Ayu has a bit of a strange singing style in this song, not that she hasn't sung like this before, but it almost sounds like a live version rather than a studio recording. It might be the vibrato - either way it doesn't bother me as I'm used to it. The song itself is really pretty. I've seen some mixed reactions amongst fans but I really do love it (and I don't love everything Ayu, I swear) - From the sneak peek pics of the PV it looks like we're getting some sort of an old Shanghai themed PV and it should be incredible.

0 comments - Join the discussion!: