REVIEWS: I’m being so punctual this week to make up for last week’s tardiness. I’m doing reviews of 3 singles for today's review post: Perfume’s Dream Fighter, UVERWorld’s Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi and GIRL NEXT DOOR’s Jounetsu no Daishou / ESCAPE. I really wanted to review Ogawa Mana’s new single but I couldn’t find it anywhere and I didn’t want to review it from the PV only. I’ll wait and do a joint review of Mana and Twe’lv soon.

Dream Fighter Perfume

Photobucket







I could never really get into Perfume. I do enjoy their style, they have some catchy songs, but the whole synth vocals really aren’t my taste – so I’m warning you already lol and I’ll try to remain impartial.
Dream Fighter actually has a really funky beat to it and that is something Perfume is great at, their instrumentals are always very catchy and get my feet tapping and my body moving. The chorus is really nice and catchy, all throughout which I haven’t been able to say about too many Perfume songs - granted I haven't heard many. I tend to find their songs sound very similar or don’t really have a distinct sound to them but Dream Fighter stands out for me. I can’t say I love the song, purely because of the synth style, but for a Perfume song, it's quite nice.

Rating: 7.5/10

Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi UVERworld

Photobucket







I loved loved LOVED UVERworld’s last single Koishikute, it was a great rock ballad. Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi is a much more upbeat number and is the new theme for Gundam 00.
Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi kind of worried me at first, since it opens with synth vocals lol. I thought ‘oh god!’ but thankfully it’s back to normal after a few seconds. I can handle synth vocalization in small doses only :p and to be honest it does sound good as the intro to this song. The instrumental in this track is really great, I love the sections after the chorus, the pre-chorus bridge is also really great. So I love before and after the chorus, but the chorus itself doesn’t leave a huge impression on me. It’s upbeat and rockin’ but it’s just not particularly catchy, I don’t think, which is a shame since the song is pretty solid.
I feel that this track seems to get less interesting and captivating as it goes on, which is slightly odd. It is an anime theme so maybe they focused too much on making the intro really catchy and the rest of the song suffered because of that? I’m not particularly sure. By no means is it a bad song but it just doesn’t give a long lasting impression.

Rating: 8/10

Jounetsu no Daishou / ESCAPE GIRL NEXT DOOR

Photobucket

GIRL NEXT DOOR is a funny group for me because I want to like them so much and, to tell you the truth, I do - but not for the right reasons. I enjoy their image, Chisa is adorable and a great singer. Their PVs are great … but the music does little for me. Unfortunately that’s really the most important thing, right?







Jounetsu no Daishou continues their dance beat style of songs but it is pulled back ever so slightly which is a nice change of pace from their previous upbeat singles. The chorus in this song is pretty good, I love Chisa’s voice and this song allows her to express a bit more emotion than previous singles. I just wish they’d actually gone the full way and made a nice ballad out of this instead of feeling like they had to create some 90s style dance track. It is rather similar to their other stuff and it’s getting old really quickly. That being said, it’s probably my favourite of all their tracks and I do like it.







This single is a double A-side just like their last single and ESCAPE is another dance track (surprise, surprise) which sounds just like all their other songs. I have to say this track’s verses are almost identical to their first singles’ Guuzen no Kakuritsu, I mean the beat is exactly the same. The song in general is really boring, I have no idea why it is an a-side. I think they delayed the single too in order to make it a double a-side. meh whatever.
This group is starting to get on my nerves only because I want to like them just sooo much! RELEASE BETTER MUSIC PLEASE!!! (or at least more diverse stuff)

Rating: 8/10 for Jounetsu no Daishou & 6/10 for ESCAPE

0 comments - Join the discussion!: