PREVIEW: The world debut of Ice Creamusume's debut hit the radio just minutes ago and being the Ice Creamusume fan that I am, I was there ready to record it ^_^ The song Lian Ai Ge Ming 21 (恋爱革命21) is a remake of Morning Musume's smash hit Renai Revolution 21.

Photobucket

DOWNLOAD - right click -> download







Now the song is in Mandarin which some H!P fans might find a bit difficult to get used to (personally for me it's not an issue since I listen to plenty of mando-pop). The arrangement is EXACTLY the same which is a bit of a shame, I would've liked something a bit different but hey, I can understand why they didn't change anything. The girls sound pretty good, some are better than others but nobody is horrible. It's extremely difficult to tell who is singing what just yet lol. I really like the synth "ooh ooh BA-BY, yeah~!" parts - they sound pretty cool and different from the original. All in all a cool track for the girl's mini album 1st Best! which is being released in Taiwan on the 9th of January.

13 comments - Join the discussion!:

Anonymous said...

Oh god...

I like it, and now I feel like a traitor... I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT.

I really really like it... T_T

Kita St. Cyr said...

Meh.

It's ok. They sound good. I wish they could have at least covered a more recent single, or an older one. Anything to not compare them to the golden era.

But they sound adorable. I wonder if the mini album will be all covers?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the song ~ it really good that chinese can blend in the music ~

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed O_O

The uninformed could well mistake this for an original song as opposed to a cover. It just suits Mandarin so well as Jelly's pointed out.

Anonymous said...

It... sounds kinda French. XD

Anonymous said...

あのヴェションはすごいですよ!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD, I LOVE IT!!! They sound so good! The song sounds so good in Mandarin! AHHH!!! <3333 Thank you for sharing this! This is an amazing quality radio rip, too!

(Omg, though, did the background voices just say "Morning Musume drop it"? That's so sad if they couldn't even change THAT part of the instrumental. I hope I just heard wrong. XDD)

Mars said...

Murr: It's H!P, it's family *hug* no need to feel like a traitor :p Embrace it! Embrace!

Kita: To be honest I would have preferred an original track but I'm sure one is coming on the horizon. I guess they're trying to push that this is the Taiwan Morning Musume - I wouldn't be surprised if the album is all covers.

Jelly: No prob :) They did well with the Chinese lyrics, yep :)

irishrobz: 4 in Love have already covered this track in Mandarin before to some acclaim so it's well known to the Taiwanese. It'll be interesting to see how this one is received.

Brian: lol I kinda get what you mean :p

Anon: ^_^

Julia: No prob :) Thankfully the radio station broadcasts online so I just played it and recorded it while I was listening. Unfort yes, it does say MM drop it -_-; hence my disappointment in the arrangement being identical. They just used the preexisting instrumental.

Unknown said...

OMG ! I can already imagine the wotas shouting "SHENSHEN!" and "PEIPEI!" ~
Also I hope these two became lead singers ^^

Thanks for the music !

Anonymous said...

:/

I need a new song to capture my imagination.

Anonymous said...

They sound so good~!
But it will be better if they make it into new arrangement~

will their new album will be MM cover?

Anonymous said...

Getttiiinnnggg~~.

I love it. <3<3 :DD I'm so excited for their mini-album, now!

Missy-Chan said...

Thanks!!! I love it!!!