Photobucket

...my true love gave to me something a bit naughty,
a rise to fame,
10 years of bliss,

an anniversary trio,
a group of amazing vocalists,
a hit single,
a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

Koda Kumi began 2008 with a bang, her 6th studio album Kingdom rocketing to number 1 with sales of 750K, and the year was pretty good to Kuu-chan. Her 3rd single of the year, TABOO, saw her gain her 5th number one single and a return to the funky, dance sound which made her so popular.



TABOO was a track I was obsessed with this year. While I like lots of songs, I rarely listen to them on repeat over and over, even with songs I call my favourites - but with TABOO I did. It was just the perfect track Kuu could have released after Anytime & Moon Crying which while good, didn't have that edge that Koda is known for. I was even compelled to buy it and it was a wonderful purchase ^_^ ~! The video caused a bit of a stir but hey, it's Koda. If she wasn't strutting around in little girl guide outfits, I'd think something was wrong. This is the way Koda Kumi should be (at least in my opinion). I definitely prefer these upbeat, infectious tracks over her ballads, but she seems to like the ballads and they're pretty good so I'll run with it.

Speaking of ballads, Koda's Winter themed single stay with me was released this week and I've heard that there is already a major buzz for the song. It seems the Japanese public loves their ballads and this one is a sweet one, so it should do well. Koda is also releasing her 7th studio album TRICK at the end of January 09. I have high hopes for it to live up to her previous albums. Go Kuu!!

0 comments - Join the discussion!: