Photobucket

...my true love gave to me 10 years of bliss,
an anniversary trio,
a group of amazing vocalists,
a hit single
,
a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

Hamasaki Ayumi, the Queen of Jpop, celebrated her 10th anniversary in 2008 and held her second tour of Asia. Because much of the year was spent touring, Ayu released only 1 studio album and 2 singles in 2008 (along with a singles compilation). Her first '08 single Mirrorcle World, an extended version of the introductory track of GUILTY, saw her hit the no.1 spot on the Oricon singles chart for the 30th time.



Ayu is kind of special to me because, like many people, she originally got me interested in Japanese Music. While I had heard some stuff before (mainly from games) Ayumi was the first Japanese artist I could call myself a fan of and that fandom of Jpop has just grown in leaps and bounds since then! While I've expanded my fandom to other artists now, Ayu will ALWAYS hold that special place in my Jpop loving heart ^_^
Mirrorcle World was such an awesome track - when I heard Mirror on GUILTY it really did leave me wanting more and it was great the song got single treatment. It has a lot of oomph and energy, fitting for Ayu's 10th Anniversary. I think a few people were disappointed that Ayu's 10th anniversary was a little quiet on the release front, myself included since I obviously can't take advantage of Ayu's awesome Asia tour - but this single lasted me through the whole year and through Ayu's ALL SINGLES COMPLETE I was able to rekindle my love for some past singles which I hadn't listened to in a while.

Of course, Mirrorcle World was Ayu's only single of 2008 until this week when she released Days/GREEN which looks to be on heading for a certain no.1 spot on the charts. Sales so far have been pretty pleasing and it seems Ayu's 10th Anniversary has been a great success. I'm hoping for another 10 awesome years! ;)

2 comments - Join the discussion!:

Missy-Chan said...

Thanks for all the 12 days of Christmas goodies.

Mars said...

no prob :) Hope you're enjoying them