Photobucket

...my true love gave to me an anniversary trio,
a group of amazing vocalists,
a hit single
,
a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

Avex celebrated their 20th anniversary this year and debuted the special group GIRL NEXT DOOR, fronted by Chisa. Though they only debuted in September, the group released 3 singles in 2008, with their most recent top 3 hit being Jyonetsu no Daisho:



GIRL NEXT DOOR was a group I REALLY tried to like straight away but just didn't. Their dance sound just didn't appeal to me and I felt their first two singles were very similar; they weren't bad by any means, it just isn't the type of music I really enjoy straight away. That being said, Jyonetsu no Daisho won me over straight away and was the epiphany I was looking for with GND. The song is pulled back ever so slightly from their upbeat previous songs and it's just a very memorable track from the trio. Chisa is such a cutee you can't help but like her and she is a great vocalist. The PV is also really stunning, their best yet.

GIRL NEXT DOOR have had a pretty successful year despite only debuting in the later half of the year: 3 top 3 singles, an invitation to appear at this years Kohaku and they also have their debut album being released next week. On top of this, the groups official fanclub 'Next Door' will launch on Monday - it's been a few pretty busy and very successful months for GND. 2009 should bring more of the same success!

2 comments - Join the discussion!:

Kita St. Cyr said...

I like her boots! I dont get the video. I'm a little drunk though. May sober Kita will understand it.

Mars said...

I think it has something to do with her bf cheating on her lol. Who really cares, it's Chisa looking cool and it's nicely shot ^_^ When you have all that it doesn't really need to make sense lol :p