Photobucket

...my true love gave to me a hit single,
a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

When we talk successful songs in 2008 you can't look far past ARASHI's Truth. The single (Truth/Kaze no Mukou e) is by far the highest selling single of the year, infact ARASHI have been the best performing group on the singles chart this year with 3 of their 4 singles in the yearly top 10.



Now I'm not really a Johnny's fan, I do like some tracks and some groups but I don't listen to anything regularly and I'm not all that excited about releases. I knew pretty much nothing about Truth before the single was released and only listened to it because I was reviewing it for the blog. Boy did I get a surprise, this track is so great! The whole single was totally awesome but this song in particular had to be one of my 12 memorable tracks for the year not only because of its success but because I really do love it (a lot of people do it seems!)

It really has been ARASHI's year. Truth/Kaze no Mukou e sold 618K which is just amazing in itself, but to have all 4 of your releases sell in excess of 370K is ... WOW! The boys already have a single scheduled for 09 and no doubt it will be as much of a success as 08.

0 comments - Join the discussion!: