Photobucket

...my true love gave to me a group of amazing vocalists,
a hit single
,
a stunning voice,
the sweetest song,
a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

Kalafina, the brainchild of the immaculate composer Kajiura Yuki, debuted in January this year with Oblivion and followed up the single with the amazing sprinter/ARIA. sprinter is an incredibly imaginative track, with the 4 fantastic vocalists showing off their skills.



sprinter was another song which I came across while reviewing for the blog and that is one of the main things I love about writing these reviews. I generally now listen to most of the new releases each week and discover all these little gems that would otherwise have flown straight past me. sprinter was a true find! This song has so many levels and variations, it's eclectic yet at the same time it is in harmony. While the song is led by Hikaru, each girl sounds flawless and the layered vocals are to die for. I've expressed awe at some of Kajiura's other works and she puts together another fabulous piece here, she's a true magician!

While Kalafina have only released 2 singles this year, 2008 is not over for them. Their 3rd single fairytale is released next week and features the vocal talents of Keiko, Wakana and Hikaru. It is another wonderful song and I will keep my eye on this group in the future.

0 comments - Join the discussion!: