As most of you may know by now, Haromoni@ is officially ending with its last show on September 28th. While Haromoni@ had a lot of problems and seemed to be rating worse as each week passed, it is still quite sad that we won't have our weekly dose of Musume madness.

Photobucket
Is this the end? :(

I have to admit that I'm not an avid viewer of Haromoni@ so it may not have hit me as hard as others. I did used to watch it, but then like most people I tuned out when it became a boring panel show with only a few minutes of entertaining skits per episode (if that). From the random walking around the streets handing out napkins to MouTube to the quizzes and such, it wasn't really fresh and new and that showed in the number of fans tuning out. Not even Morning Musume could keep the show afloat.

So what next for Morning Musume on tv? Anyone who knows me personally would know that for AGES I have been blabbing on about MM (or really any of H!P) doing a drama series. Whether it is just one member of MM or all of them. They might not be able to act, it may be too expensive to be realistic ... I don't know but I know that it would get viewers to tune in. I can definitely imagine a school yard drama (30 min an episode), where each girl got her time to shine and had their own little stories each week, maybe with cameos from other H!P members. It may be tacky, it may be cheap but it would be fun and better than the current stuff. H!P members have been in dramas before and have made their own movies. I don't see why they couldn't do it again. Not only would it hook pretty much all the current fans, it could bring along new fans too (if the story was good enough). That being said, I'm still holding out for a Berryz Kamen/C-utie Rangers show ;)

Photobucket
Yes, please! ^_^

There is the off chance that we'll go back to the old Hello!Morning days but I honestly can't see it happening. The current gen doesn't have the comedic talent that MM had back when H!M was popular. UFA (or whoever runs the program) doesn't seem to have any new ideas that would even work. It would end up being old, rehashed ideas with less funny girls. That doesn't sound like a winner to me.

So I want my drama. Give it to me now!! (Perhaps if I cry loud enough the H!P fairy will grant my dreams come true?) Anyway, let's look on the bright side. At least we won't have to put up with that annoying baby King anymore!

Photobucket
Sayonara, King Akachin!

0 comments - Join the discussion!: