NEWS: Once again the news breaks before the episode airs on Taiwan Television, and the winners of the NEW STAR auditions have now been revealed on the official H!P Taiwan website.

Photobucket
The Winners
(L to R)
Zao Guo Rong / Lightbulb, Zeng De Ping, Wu Si Auan - TSUNKU - Gu Yun, Wu Zhao Xian, Lan Ai Zi

Now I immediately have to throw insult to the exclusion of Su Lin Xin or Risafan as she was well known; The girl had so much talent, was well liked and an obvious fan. I'm pretty annoyed she wasn't chosen. I'm also disappointed that Su Luo Yu, Fan Qin Yu and Chen Mei Xuan weren't chosen but those I don't care as much.

Onto the actual chosen participants:

Photobucket

Zao Guo Rong / Lightbulb (16)

Photobucket

Lightbulb was an obvious choice. She is very popular and has a very endearing personality. No doubt Tsunku would have loved her quirkiness. Her singing is ok, and she plays the piano. She seemed slightly uncoordinated so she probably needs to work on her dancing. Overall it's a good and not surprising choice.

Photobucket

Zeng De Ping (17)

Photobucket

Now Ping is the girl who leaked Ame no Furanai Hoshi de Aisenai Daro onto the web. She must be thanking her souls that she got picked before it was discovered (if indeed she wasn't advised to, to create buzz or whatever). In regards to her pick, it is slightly surprising for me. She didn't stand out much to me. Her singing seemed very average and she didn't dance in the latest set of eps. She does have a unique look though and a good personality, she did impressions for the judges last episode.

Photobucket

Wu Si Auan (20)

Photobucket

YES! There is a God!! This girl is incredible and I'm so happy she was picked. She's been my favorite from the very first episode she appeared on. She is so outgoing, attractive, a great dancer and a decent singer. She acted in the latest set of episodes, she has experience in this line of work, she is the all around package. Front girl Tsunku, FRONT GIRL!

Photobucket

Gu Yun (12)

Photobucket

Yun was another who didn't totally stand out for me. She seems to be the youngest of the winners, but she certainly is above her years. She is a great dancer, that's for sure. It seemed to be her specialty from what I could see. I never heard her sing so I can't comment on that. I think there were better 'dancer' choices but Tsunku obviously has his reasons for picking her and I think she's a good choice.

Photobucket Photobucket

Wu Zhao Xian - Lan Ai Zi

Now these two I know NOTHING about. I don't remember them from the show. They definitely weren't part of the top 15. I'm guessing maybe pre-picked contestants from the initial auditions? Or they got lost along the way, or Tsunku had chosen them before these auditions and wanted to find other girls to make a group. Either way I look forward to seeing what they have to offer.
~

The girls will apparently go to Japan in November for training, returning to Taiwan to record and release a debut EP. This leads me to believe that they will in fact be a Taiwan based group just like I had hoped. The two youngins, Frances and Aiko (below) were not in the running to be chosen by Tsunku but have apparently been offered something else (what it is is anyone's guess).

Photobucket Photobucket

The episodes for these selections are being aired today and tomorrow and even though the results are now known I'll still probably do some recaps.

2 comments - Join the discussion!:

Raid said...

I think her name is Wu Si XUAN.

Auan just doesn't make sense in Chinese. xD

Mars said...

lol. I just used a pinyin translator and I said in my other post they were all probably wrong (which I guess they are >.<). It doesn't really matter either way, they'll end up calling her WuWu or something ridiculous like that :p Thanks anyway for the heads up.