Photobucket

...my true love gave to me a deliciously creepy new artist,
and a WINTER PARTY!

Photobucket

Moving on from upbeat and fun to slow and creepy, 2008 marked the debut of a talented young artist Wakeshima Kanon. Her debut single, still doll, was the closing theme for the first season of Vampire Knight.


When I first heard this track I was completely transfixed. Kanon has such a unique, haunting voice and still doll is just deliciously creepy! Under the wing of producer Mana, Wakeshima has delivered two stellar singles this year, I even bought a copy of her latest, Suna no Oshiro, purely because I just love it so much.
But this girl is not only a great singer, but also a cellist and artist. She truly is such a creative person. The artworks she has on her blog as incredible, her cello playing is incredible. I totally can't express how impressed I am with Wakeshima Kanon, such talent and she's only 20 years old!

2008 was a great debut year for Kanon-chan and 2009 already looks promising, with Kanon releasing her debut album Shinshoku Dolce in February. I personally cannot wait!

5 comments - Join the discussion!:

Dee said...

Yes!! So excited for a Kanon album!!
I <3 her!

boku90 said...

WOW ive never heard of her before but im really liking her ^^

boku90 said...

Mars...(im sorry i dont kno your real name) but by any chance is it possible for you to upload her two singles please??? im amazed by her ^^ lol
thanks

Mars said...

Deedy: I know right, it's gonna be so great. 8 new songs too :D

boku90: I don't usually like uploading stuff (due to some previous blogs being shut down because they uploaded) but I've found her 2 singles elsewhere online which you can download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BIQ6M1PO & http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLOCWSGR
enjoy :D

boku90 said...

oh yea i think i know which blog u are talking about...but THANKS so much for the links ^^ whoohooo i think im going to buy the singles!